Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is one of nature’s most amazing ingrediants that offers easy natural Beauty benefits. ACV is rich in vitamins, enzymes, citric and malic acids, mineral salts and amino acids. It offers antiviral, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal protection, as well as acting as an anti-bacterial.
To ensure you get an ACV with all these amazing properties, you should look for a raw unheater ACV that states ‘with Mother’ on the jar. The Mother is the friendly naturally ocurring bacteria in the ACV, that contains the enzymes. Typically, you will find a Mother in your homemade ACV, or in organic versions such as Braggs ACV. Pasturised ACV has been heat treated, so all the essential friendly bacteria has been killed.
Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) in your beauty routine…
ACV HAIR RINSE RECIPE AND USE
Hair rinses using ACV can help flatten hair cuticles leaving the strands sleek, tangle free and shinier. Plus, ACV helps cleanse the scalp folicles and encourage hair growth. ACV can help reduce annoying dandruff due to its PH balancing and anti-inflammatory properties.
THE BASIC ACV RECIPE FOR HAIR
- 8 fluid 0z’s of warm (not hot) distilled water.
- 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider vinegar
Simply, mix the ingredients into a litre size plastic jug.
HOW TO USE
- Wash hair
- Then apply ACV to hair
- Leave on for 2 minutes
- Then rinse thoroughly with cool distilled or filtered water.
- Then dry and style as normal.
Use this treatment no more than once a month.
THE ACV SKIN TONER
You might think, Ughhh! But really, an Apple Cider Vinegar toner works wonders for toning and soothing skin due to its astringent and skin balancing qualities. ACV contains alpha Hydroxy acids that help increase blood flow to the complexion, giving the skin a radiant boost. ACV can also calm and tone the facial skin, because it balances the skin’s PH.
- Oily Skin (Mix 4 oz of ACV with 4 oz of distilled water).
- Combination Skin and Normal Skin (Mix 3 oz of ACV with 5 oz of distilled water)
- Sensitive Skin (Mix 2 oz of ACV with 6 oz of distilled water).
HOW TO USE
- Cleanse face as per your normal routine
- Soak a cotton ball with ACV and apply on face, avoiding the eyes.
- Wait 2 minutes, the wipe the face with a clean flannel.
- Dry face and moisturise as normal.
If you have any doubt, please do a skin patch test first, by dabbing your mixture on your neck for a few hours.
You can help ph balance the skin on your whole body by pouring 10 oz’s of ACV into your warm bath. Relax in the water for 15 minutes to enjoy its therapeutic effects.
ACV has anti-fungal properties, so by soaking your feet in a bowl with 1 cup of ACV and 3 cups of warm water can help guard against athletes foot and fungal infections.
Thank you for reading!