If you haven’t heard, then this recipe a dry shampoo is a versatile product to own! Not only is it perfumed with natural essential oils, but it also revitalises your hair by absorbing grease and helping your hair appear thicker.
A good dry shampoo, like this Cornstarch shampoo, also adds some shine and doesn’t dry your scalp out.
You can use this natural dry shampoo recipe for the days when you don’t have time to wash your hair and need a quick freshen up.
Who uses Dry Shampoo?
Dry shampoo is great for busy people, or people who have long hair and don’t like to wash their hair to often (such as people that follow the ‘No-Poo’ method – see below for method). Also, this dry shampoo recipe is great for people that perhaps are unable to wash their hair. For example, the elderly, sick or bedbound…they will benefit from the easy to use and freshening effects of this Cornstarch dry shampoo.
Recipe for Cornstarch Dry Shampoo and Essential Oils
Ingredients and Instructions
- Essential Oil (Optional, i.e. Lavender, Rosemary, Chamomile)
- Container with lid
- Put 5 tblsp of Cornstarch into your container
- Add 5 drops of Essential Oil (Example 5 drops of Lavender, Or, 3 drops of Lavender and 2 drops of Rosemary)
- Stir with a spoon and put lid on.
The benefits of this dry shampoo can be seen immediately, so apply slowly and stop when you feel your hair looks clean.
- Use on dry hair (Never use on damp!).
- Take out any clips and attachments in your hair.
- Apply small amounts of the Dry shampoo to the roots and smooth down to ends
- Apply more to greasier areas
- Wait 5 minutes for the absorbing effect to work.
- Then style with a brush or style hair up with clips/pony tail etc.
I hope you love using this dry shampoo for those in-between days. You’ll benefit from a natural product scented by essential oils.
Thank you for reading!