Create your own creamy body moisturiser that smells like cookies and cream and feels silky smooth on the skin! It’s so easy to make, affordable and doesn’t contain any nasty chemicals.
What natural goodness is in this homemade recipe?
Apart from the delicious aromas of chocolate and vanilla in this recipe, cocoa butter has many health benefits also. It’s extracted from the cocoa bean, is one of nature’s most moisturising skin treatments. It contains natural fatty acids that helps retain skin moisture and elasticity and absorbs into the skin, making the skin feel soft. It’s great for all skin types, especially dry and sensitive.
Plus, this recipe contains sweet virgin almond oil, which is rich in skin loving Vitamin E, monounsaturated fatty acids, proteins, potassium and zinc, which help to prevent the signs of ageing.
How do I make it?
- 8 g/2 tsp Organic yellow beeswax (grated or granules).
- 10 g Organic pure cocoa butter.
- 30 ml/2 tsp Organic sweet virgin almond oil.
- 15 ml/1 tsp wheat germ oil.
- 15 ml/1 tsp Vanilla extract.
- 45 ml/1 1/2 fl oz or 3 tbsp distilled or spring water.
- 1 tsp cornstarch.
How to make
- Put the beeswax, cocoa butter and base oils in a bowl.
- Place bowl into a saucepan filled with a few inches of water.
- Heat saucepan with bowl placed inside, gently until all is melted.
- In a separate bowl, warm your distilled or spring water and thoroughly dissolve borax and cornstarch.
- Remove the saucepan with oils and butter from heat and slowly add your water/borax mix, stirring until mixed.
- Leave this all to cool.
- When cool, add your essential oils and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour into dark jars and keep in the fridge.
If kept in the fridge, this recipe lasts up to 6 months.
I hope you enjoy your homemade product! Thank you for reading.
Here are some other beauty articles you may be interested in…