Lavender & Rosemary Cleanser
This Lavender & Rosemary cleanser is perfect for all skin types. It smells as fresh as a summer’s day and reminds me of peaceful walks through beautiful aromatic gardens! And most important of all, it cleans well, leaving the skin soft and moisturised.
What is in this cleanser?
It is a soap based cleanser, using castile soap, which is a gentle on the skin, so it should be suitable for eczema sufferers to. A lot of people avoid soap, thinking it is drying on the skin, but castille soap is not actually a soap (even though the name suggests otherwise). It is plant-based and contains olive oil, and according to Web MD 1 is gentle enough for baby’s skin.
This cleanser boasts a lovely fresh springtime smell, with its combination of Lavender and Rosemary essential oils. Its best to use a organic, a quality 100 % Lavender essential oil (Lavandula Angustifolia). This essential oil is antibacterial and ant-inflammatory. However, it is not advisable for pregnant women.
Rosemary, used in this cleanser has similar properties to Lavender, but it is also stimulating and acts as a tonic for skin, stimulating renewal. However, according to studies, seek advice about using Rosemary essential oil, if you are taking medication for blood thinning or blood pressure medication 1.
The essential oils in this cleanser avoid using harsh chemicals on the face. Commercial chemicals can lead to rashes and spots. So by using natural ingredients, you are on your way to avoiding chemical laden products.
You will need an 8 oz size glass bottle container with lid or pump.
- 4 tablespoons of distilled water (or plain spring water).
- 3 tablespoons of plain table salt.
- 5 tablespoons of plain castile soap.
- 8 drops of rosemary essential oil.
- 8 drops of lavender essential oil.
- In a Pyrex dish, bring to boil your distilled water.
- Add salt, stir until dissolved, then set aside.
- Put your Castile soap and essential oils into your glass bottle.
- Take 1 tablespoon of your water and salt solution and add to your glass bottle.
- Discard the remaining salt water solution.
- Put a lid on your bottle and shake well for 2 minutes.
That’s it! It is finished. Please store your product in the fridge and use within 2 weeks.
How to use
Shake the bottle before use. Wet your face or hands then put a pea size amount onto hands and massage around your face (avoiding eyes). Massage for 1 minute, then gently wipe off with a clean flannel.
Apply moisturizer and makeup as normal.
Thank you for reading!