Make this exfoliating and stimulating foot scrub!
Foot scrubs are a wonderful treat to incorporate into your diy professional pedicure, they smell wonderful and leave the feet feeling light and fresh. They can be used as a weekly freshen up in the shower or during a bath, or for use during a pedicure to help further remove dead skin and improve nail condition.
This recipe uses coconut oil, sea salt, fresh ginger and fresh orange. The coconut oil is so moisturising which helps to soften hard skin. The ginger in this recipe is good for muscle and bone aches and pains. Ginger can also aid skin renewal and promoting radiant skin, due to it high levels of anti-oxidants. The sea salt in this recipe provides the exfoliation effect, removing dead skin. Plus, due to sea salts anti-bacterial properties, it can aid in reducing bacterial skin infections on the feet.
- 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt (or Epsom)
- grated skin of 1/2 an orange.
How to make Zesty Orange Foot Scrub.
- First mix thoroughly the coconut oil and salt together.
- Then melt this mixture in a saucepan or microwave (easier) until sloppy.
- Then mix in the grated ginger and grated skin of the orange and leave the mixture to soak overnight in the fridge.
How to use the foot scrub.
Simply take a small chunk and work into the heals, toe nails and pay attention to dry skin. Work in circular movements, and take your time to allow the coconut oil and sea salt to absorb and exfoliate. Finish by rinsing with warm water, dry feet thoroughly and apply some foot moisturising cream. It’s a good idea to put some sock on after to warm the moisturising cream, to further aid absorption.
Thank you for reading!